All are invited to join in our Holy Week activities and liturgies.
All events are in Central Daylight Time.
- 9 a.m. Liturgy of the Palms and Word | DOWNLOAD BULLETIN PDF
Click here to find palm cross and palm frond images to print, cut out, and color for use during the live online liturgy. At a designated point in the service, you will be invited to wave your palms as we shout our Hosannas! Please take photos of your palms, yourself with your palms, palms with the screens midworship, etc., and then share on St. David’s social media sites or email them to email@example.com.
MONDAY IN HOLY WEEK
- Make a home altar to use during Holy Week.
Click here to download our Holy Week Packet
Click here for home altar suggestions
TUESDAY IN HOLY WEEK
- Spend time collecting the rest of the items you need for the remaining days of Holy Week.
- 7 p.m. Holy Tuesday Bedtime Stories & Prayers with Ms. Amanda
WEDNESDAY IN HOLY WEEK
- You are invited to hold your own Tenebrae service at home. Click here for resources
- Tenebrae Overview
- Tenebrae Introduction and Playlist
- Tenebrae Order of Service with Readings
Click this video link to hear Kate Winchester and Eric Mellenbruch sing Eric’s adaptations of the Tenebrae chants (not including the Psalms or the non-Lamentations Lessons) to the BOS English text
- 11 a.m. Maundy Thursday Lessons & Songs with Ms. Amanda
- Anytime – “Make your own” Agapé Meal Click here for Agapé Meal suggestions
- 7 p.m. Maundy Thursday Liturgy
– During the foot-washing portion of the liturgy, you are invited to wash the feet or hands of a member of your household. If you are participating by yourself, call to mind someone significant and imagine washing their feet or hands.
– While the clergy strip and wash the altar, strip and wash your home altar.
- 9 a.m. Stations of the Cross (Zoom link) Gather at the cross or crucifix in your home.
- 11 a.m. Children’s Stations of the Cross
- 12 p.m. Liturgy of Good Friday
- Anytime – Participate in Stations of the City, this is a version of our traditional prayer walk through downtown Austin on Good Friday. Click here for a Stations of the City guide
- 9 a.m. Liturgy of Holy Saturday (Zoom link)
- 7 p.m. The Great Vigil of Easter Ring your bell and shout “Alleluia!” at the appropriate place in the service!